Integrated Compease and Performance Pro
After reading through this document, if you are interested in integrating your Performance Pro and Compease systems, please contact Compease support at 1-800-940-7522 extension 3. We will be happy to talk with you about the process and the next steps.
Integrated Compease and Performance Pro Summary
Performance Pro and Compease, HR Performance Solution’s flagship software products, are now considered integrated applications. This adds the following enhancements:
- Common data flows from one application to the other.
- Users will be able to navigate from one application to the other without having to logout of one application and login to the other.
- Administrative users will be provided with two URLs: a Performance Pro login and Compease Login. Users will be able to login to either application to navigate to the other.
- Due to the nature of the applications, certain data fields are only updated in one application.
- Mass data updates now work through the Performance Pro import process.
Navigation between Performance Pro and Compease
Toggling between Performance Pro and Compease is achieved by clicking on the icons at the top of each Performance Pro and Compease screen. Examples of the screens are shown below.
Common Fields between Performance Pro and Compease
The section below identifies Employee Master fields and specifies which system should be used to enter the information. In some cases, data can be entered in the field from either system.
- Name - All new employees will be entered in Performance Pro. Once entered, the first, middle, and last name of an employee can be edited in either application.
- Employee ID - Employee ID is entered from Performance Pro. Once entered, it can be edited in either system. In Compease this is done from User Security/Edit User if desired.
- Email Address - Email address can be entered in either program and it will populate in the other.
- Hire Date - Hire date can be entered in either program and it will populate in the other.
- Department - Department can be entered in either program and it will populate in the other.
- Division/Branch - This information is entered in Performance Pro only. It is recommended that Administrative Users change the term "Division" in Performance Pro to "Branch." This is done in Company Settings/Custom Terms.
- Location - This field is entered in Compease only and will populate in the other program. This field drives the pay grade range in Compease.
- Termination Date - This is entered in Performance Pro only. Once the date is entered, the employee will automatically be moved into archived status in Compease. Terminating an employee will free up a license in both programs. Archived employees can be re-activated from either program.
- Pay Amount/Rate - This is required information for Compease and can be entered manually or through a data import from Performance Pro. This information can be hidden in Performance Pro, if desired, through the Company settings screen.
- Job Title - This is required information in Compease and indicates the employee’s job title and the job title grade. Job Title is not a field in Performance Pro.
- Position - This is entered in Performance Pro. The factors an employee is evaluated on in Performance Pro are determined by the position field. Position is not a field in Compease.
- Appraiser/Manager - This field is assigned in Performance Pro and will populate in Compease.
- Is Supervisor - This field is entered in Performance Pro and signifies if an employee is a supervisor or appraiser.
- Pay Status, Pay Basis, and Pay Frequency - These fields are all entered in Compease or through a data import from Performance Pro.
- In Position and Last Increase Date - These fields are both entered in Compease or through a data import from Performance Pro.
Default Performance Level
New employees are only added through Performance Pro. Since the new employee will not have a completed appraisal yet, in Compease a default performance level is automatically assigned based on the number of performance levels in the system. The default performance level will have a “^” in the field to illustrate that it is a default value. This default performance level will be there until the employee actually has a completed appraisal.
Performance levels in an integrated system will be restricted to 4, 5, or 6 levels. Performance levels and the performance level description names can only be changed in Performance Pro and then the change will feed into Compease.
Performance Level Descriptions and Number of Levels
As noted earlier, an integrated system can have 4, 5, or 6 performance levels. If you change the number of performance levels in your Performance Pro system, Compease will show a default performance level for all employees because, at that point, the completed appraisal in Performance Pro is from a different number of levels.
- For a four level performance system – the default is the third highest level.
- For a five level performance system – the default is the middle level.
- For a six level performance appraisal system – the default is the fourth highest of the six levels.
Thus, any changes made in the number of performance levels will have an immediate impact on the performance management data for each employee in Compease.
If you change the performance level names, but keep the same number of levels in Performance Pro, the updated names will flow into Compease. The performance level field in Employee Maintenance will show the updated names.
If you are considering changing your performance level names or the number of levels in your system, we recommend that you contact our Product Support Specialists. They can answer any questions you may have about what will happen with the change, and discuss the best timing for making a change.